Butter Pecan Fudge
Give classic holiday fudge a fun twist with this butter pecan fudge recipe! Gather your kids and spend some time together making an old fashioned holiday treat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Toast the pecans by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for about 5 minutes, or until you can smell the pecans. You can also toast the in a frying pan over medium heat.
Measure out powdered sugar in to a medium bowl and set aside.
Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan with butter and set aside.
Combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, whipping cream and salt in a medium size pot. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to boil and the bubbles do not disappear when you mix them. It will only take a few minutes to come to a full boil.
Set a timer for 5 minutes and stir the mixture constantly while it boils.
Once the 5 minutes are up, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
Pour the fudge in to your prepared pan. Allow fudge to cool until room temperature before cutting, but preferably 24 hours.
You'll also love
- Beef Cabbage Casserole 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Lemon Bars 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Candy Cane Cheese Danish 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatillo Hummus 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Cranberry Sauce 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mini Crab Cakes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cookie Cobbler 4.8/5 (5 Votes)