Stir-Fried Sesame Shrimp and Spinach
YIELD3 to 4 servings TIMEAbout 15 minutes S
- pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried red chili
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 generous bunch spinach (about 1 pound), stems trimmed at the end, rinsed in 2 changes water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
Place the shrimp in a large colander and rinse with water. Sprinkle generously with salt and toss together for about a minute. Rinse with water and repeat. After rinsing one more time, drain on paper towels. Pat dry with more paper towels.
Combine 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste) and the sugar in a small bowl and place close to your wok.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within a second or two when added to the pan. Swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil by adding it to the sides of the pan and swirling the pan, then add the garlic, ginger and chili flakes and stir-fry for no more than 10 seconds. Push to the sides of the pan and add the shrimp in one layer. Let cook undisturbed for 1 minute, then add the remaining oil and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the sesame seeds and spinach and stir-fry for 1 minute, until it has begun to wilt but the wilting is still uneven. Add the salt and sugar, sprinkling it evenly over the spinach, and continue to stir-fry until the spinach has wilted but is still bright and the shrimp are cooked through and bright pink, about 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat, drizzle on the sesame oil, toss together and serve, with rice, noodles or other grains.
You'll also love
- Cheesy corn casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Spiced Cranberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sous Vide Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Burgers with Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Lasagna with Swiss Chard,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach-Cheese Balls with Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)