Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 avocados--halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the avocados, garlic, scallions, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
When the pasta is tender, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the reserved water to the avocado mixture and process until smooth.
Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, portion the pasta onto plates and garnish with parsley.