Squash And Black Bean Stew With Tomatoes And Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 diced tomatoes in juice - (28 oz)
- 2 pounds Kabocha or butternut squash halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 ounces green beans trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 can black beans - (15 to 16 oz) rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and golden, about 7 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juices; bring to boil. Stir in squash and green beans.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in black beans and jalapeño. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 185; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 0 mg.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Crockpot Ham, Green Beans &... 3.9/5 (205 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)