Cappuccino Wilton's Frosting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar ((about 1 1/4 pounds))
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from wilton.com
In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine coffee granules, milk and vanilla; add to butter mixture and beat well. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. Continue beat at high speed until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes.
Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until you are ready to decorate. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not using. Rewhip before using.