Four Cheese Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
I love all of the different products that Knorr has to make dinnertime easier. This Four Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Pasta not only uses a Knorr Four Cheese packet to save you time and money (since you aren’t buying all of those extra ingredients), but it also uses frozen chicken and the crockpot. This is super easy to throw together, and there really isn’t anything for you to do, but sit and wait.
You are going to want to be careful of two things, 1. season to your taste. This pasta dish could easily be under-seasoned. Make sure that you cook the pasta in salt water and you season the sauce well.
2. Remember that depending on the size of chicken breasts that you use your cooking time will vary. I would occasionally check on the chicken and when it’s cooked through and it is falling apart it’s done. Keeping your crockpot on warm can be helpful, but it would be wise to remember that “warm” is keeping the food heated, which means that it is continuing to cook even if it is lower and slower. You don’t want to cook your sauce down to nothing.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, frozen or thawed is fine.
- 1 Package Knorr Four Cheese Sauce Packet
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tb Butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Pasta of choice
- Parmesan for serving if desired.
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
In a small bowl, combine the Knorr Packet, milk, butter, wine, and a pinch of salt and pepper (more will be added at the end) Whisk until thoroughly combined and then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
Place your chicken (I used frozen) in the crockpot and top with the sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender and the meat is falling apart.
Cook pasta until al dente (I used thin linguine). Stir the chicken and the sauce together, which will also break up the chicken meat. Test the sauce and season if needed. Pour over the pasta and top with additional Parmesan. Serve Immediately.