Southwestern Tofu Wraps
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces firm tofu drained, patted
- dry and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas - (7" to 8" dia)
- 2 cups thinly-sliced lettuce leaves
- 1 cup spicy tomato salsa
Whisk 3 tablespoons lime juice and oil in medium bowl. Add tofu, onion, cilantro and garlic and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let marinate 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil. Place in oven until heated through, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss lettuce with 1 tablespoon lime juice in small bowl.
Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates. Place layer of lettuce down center of each tortilla. Top with tofu mixture, dividing equally. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa over each. Roll up tortillas. Serve, passing remaining salsa separately.
Per serving: calories, 205; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.
This recipe yields 4 servings. "Cooking for Health: Build A Health Sandwich" by Marie Simmons