Orechiette with Sausage and Brocolli Rabe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.4 g
Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Sodium: 380.8 mg
Total Carbs: 61.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.1 g
Protein: 24.3 g
- 2 bunches of broccoli rabe, stalks trimmed and quartered crosswise. (broccolini works just as great if not better!)
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta or other such as penne
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb spicy/sweet pork sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Boil large pot of salted water. Add broccoli rabe and cook for 1 minute. Strain broccoli rabe, reserving all the cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in same pot of boiling water until tender but still firm. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in large heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with spoon until the sausage is brown and juices form, about 8 min. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 sec. Add broccoli rabe and toss to coat.
- Add pasta and enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time to moisten. Stir parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in to taste.
- Serve! Yum!
Number of Servings: 4