Scallops And Couscous With Roasted Vegetables, Curry Sauce
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled rutabaga
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled parsnip
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water more or less
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 roasted red pepper from jar drained
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat yogurt
- 12 sea scallops - (abt 12 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups couscous cooked according
- to package directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Add carrot, rutabaga and parsnip; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender and brown around edges, adding up to 1/2 cup water to dish if vegetables are dry, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir curry powder in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Transfer curry to processor. Add roasted pepper, broth and yogurt; puree until smooth. Return sauce to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. (Vegetables and curry sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray. Heat over high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 1 minute per side. Add roasted vegetables; stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Divide couscous among 4 plates. Top with scallop mixture.
Meanwhile, warm curry sauce over medium-low heat (do not boil). Drizzle sauce over scallop mixture and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1063 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (951 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)