Roasted Salmon With Orange-Herb Sauce
- 1 large orange unpeeled, sliced
- 1 large onion halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 skinless salmon fillets - (3 oz ea)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Additional unpeeled orange slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place orange slices in single layer in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Top with onion slices. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until onion is brown and tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
Push orange and onion slices to side of baking dish. Arrange salmon in center of dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons dill. Spoon orange and onion slices atop salmon. Roast until salmon is opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix orange juice, green onions, lemon juice and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons dill in small bowl. Transfer salmon to platter. Spoon onion alongside; discard roasted orange slices. Pour orange sauce over fish. Garnish with additional orange slices.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 196; total fat, 10 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 55 mg
You'll also love
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)