Millionaire pie is sinfully rich and delicious! Chocolate, nuts and a gooey filling make it a favorite any time of year.
- HOMEMADE PIE CRUST:
- Pastry for single crust pie, either made from scratch or purchased pre made
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- Whipped cream, optional
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Prepare pastry for single crust pie. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge. (Do not prick.) Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
In pastry shell, layer semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup coconut and walnut pieces. Pour egg mixture over all, spreading evenly. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pastry shell with foil.
Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and store in refrigerator within 2 hours. If you like, serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all of the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana Cream Cookies 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Cherry Cobbler 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- 1-Hour Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Grandma's Cornbread Dressing 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookie Cups 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chiffon Pumpkin Pie with Almond... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)