Paleo Autumn's Best Butternut Squash, Apple, & Pear Soup
Delicious fall flavors of butternut squash, apples and pears come together for this soup. Like most soups, this one is pretty versatile, and you can swirl in just about anything to make it more of a meal: quinoa, rice, nuts, leftover roasted chicken, or pumpkin seeds.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice, about 1 cup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20-ounce) carton diced butternut squash, 3 cups
- 1 apple, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pear, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (32-ounce) carton all-natural vegetable broth, 4 cups
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Optional toppings: toasted, chopped walnuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, chopped chives, plain Greek yogurt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 more minute.
Add the squash, apple, pear, curry powder, cinnamon, and ginger and stir to combine.
Stir in the broth, increase the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and maintain at a low boil, covered, until the squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you don't have an immersion blender, let cool for about 15 minutes, transfer to a blender, and puree in batches until very smooth. Transfer back to the pot, reheat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with optional toppings.
Each serving has 180% vitamin A and 25% vitamin C.
You'll also love
- Orzo Vegetable Salad Recipe 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Milk Pudding with Caramel and Figs 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cauliflower Pancakes 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pizza 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana Berry Nice Cream 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Fresh 7-Layer Dip 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Mango Tango Smoothies 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Vanilla Pineapple Marguarita 4.3/5 (7 Votes)