Mexican Style Quinoa
This quinoa dish goes well with any Mexican-inspired entree.
Protein 0 Fats 0 Carbs 2
- 1/2 c. quinoa, white, organic
- 1 clove garlic, fresh, organic
- 1 c. tomatoes, diced, fresh, organic
- 2 oz. chili pepper, green, organic
- 3/4 c. water, purified
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder, organic
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder, organic
- sea salt, unrefined, & fresh ground pepper, organic to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from Beyonddiet.com
Combine all ingredients in a large skillet. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let skillet sit, still covered, for an additional 5-10 minutes, until absolutely all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and serve.