Quick and easy supper that everyone will love - Swedish meatballs served over noodles or rice. Double the recipe, as the meatballs heat up nicely for a second dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
In a medium sized bowl combine ground beef, panko, parsley, oregano, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt and egg. Mix until combined.
Roll into 12 large meatballs or 20 small meatballs. In a large skillet heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
Add 4 tablespoons butter and flour to skillet and whisk until it turns brown. Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream. Add Worchestershire sauce and Dijon mustard and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
You'll also love
- The Best Banana Bread Muffins Ever 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Alaskan Blueberry, Lemon, & Thyme... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Paella 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Whole Slow Cooker Chicken 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Fried Pickles with Spicy Mayo 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon & Caramelized Onion Dip 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bourbon Meatballs 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- One-Pot Swedish Meatballs with Egg... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)