Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Fries
You will love this healthy, easy loaded sweet potato nacho fries! This lighter version of this savory dish is sure to be a crowd favorite.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into sticks about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus a pinch, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Preheat oven to 425 °F.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the sweet potatoes are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine sour cream, lime juice and the remaining pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Top the sweet potatoes with corn, cheese and beans. Continue baking until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Top with tomatoes, scallions and avocado. Drizzle with the sour cream mixture. Serve topped with cilantro (if using).