Prawn Pumpkin Yellow Curry
I served in baby pumpkins. I used no fennel, very little fish sauce added some soy, zest and bay leaf, our raw honey, mix stir fry veggies from Trader Joe. I did have to take out cooked shrimp veggies and reduce the sauce more. I also used canned organic pumpkin.
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Thai Chiles, or cayenne will work
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (I use Red Boat)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (omit for whole30 or sugar-free)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (this one is SCD legal)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (also called coconut cream or coconut manna)
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice (I used broccoli, zucchini, and carrots)
- 1 pound uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from againstallgrain.com
Place the shallot, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, fennel, ground chiles and fish sauce in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and a paste has formed.
Scrape the paste into a sauce pan. Add kaffir leaves, palm sugar, coconut milk, tomato paste, and coconut butter. Whisk the sauce together and heat over medium-high heat until it has reached a low boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, then add vegetables and prawns. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and slightly softened and the prawns have turned pink and are firm to the touch.
Remove from heat and let sit for 5 to 7 minutes. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cools. Enjoy!