Autumn Harvest Fettuccine With Tabasco Sauce
I recently visited the Tabasco Factory and Museum at Avery Island, LA. This is one of the recipes I saw on the tour that caught my eye (and my stomach).
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from tabasco.com
1. Preheat oven to 450º F.
2. Toss butternut squash, leek, red bell pepper, green beans, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large roasting pan.
3. Roast until vegetables are browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine as package directs.
5. Toss roasted vegetables with fettuccine, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and parsley in large bowl.
6. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.