Penne With Spinach, Shrimp, Tomatoes And Basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 large plum tomatoes cut thin wedges
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves - (packed) abt 6 oz
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Ladle 1 cup pasta cooking liquid into small bowl and reserve. Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot; cover to keep hot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and garlic to skillet and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, 4 tablespoons basil, lemon juice and lemon peel and sauté until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Add spinach leaves to hot pasta; toss until spinach wilts. Add shrimp mixture and toss to blend. Add enough of reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl.
Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 379; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 115 mg.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (957 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (660 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)