Penne With Grilled Tomatoes And Eggplant
- 1 eggplant - (abt 1 lb) trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2"-thk rounds
- 1 pound tomatoes halved lengthwise
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated pecorino Romano cheese (abt 1 oz)
Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Spray both sides of eggplant slices and tomato halves with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant slices until brown and tender and tomato halves until charred, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes for eggplant slices and about 7 minutes for tomato halves. Cool.
Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta. Return pasta to same pot.
Add eggplant, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil and garlic to pasta and toss to blend. Stir in grated cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead.)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: calories, 348; total fat, 10g; saturated fat, 2g; cholesterol, 4mg.
You'll also love
- Sonny's Smoked Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Faux Smoked Turkey Legs 3.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Pepper Dip 3.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 3.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup (like Cheddars) 3.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with King Crab... 3.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Copeland's Of New Orleans' Chicken... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's) 3.6/5 (9 Votes)