Cheese & Bacon, Grilled Sandwiches
You can't go wrong with cheese and bacon! These are delicious and can easily be made for a few or a huge crowd!
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 red onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices sourdough or Vienna bread
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat closed contact grill for 5 minutes.
When grill is heated, place bacon on bottom grill surface. (If necessary, cook 4 slices at a time.) Close grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Remove bacon from grill; drain on paper towels. Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
With rubber scraper, carefully scrape most of drippings from grill into drip tray. Add onion to grill. Close grill; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
To make sandwiches, layer Cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, onion and mozzarella cheese between bread slices. Place 2 sandwiches on bottom grill surface. Close grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
You'll also love
- Hot Artichoke & Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Raffaello - Almond... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pistachio Cranberry Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Jacques Pepin's Beef Stew in Red... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon Topped Mac and... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- French Dip Sandwiches 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.7/5 (3 Votes)