Roasted Turkey with Sage Butter & Marsala Sauce
Treat yourself and your family this Thanksgiving with this spectacular recipe for Roasted Turkey with Sage Butter & Marsala Sauce! So yummy and delicious, this is sure to be a hit!
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (20-pound) turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- SAGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- MARSALA SAUCE:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt & black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 205mins
Adapted from ricardocuisine.com
In a bowl, combine the salt and baking powder. Set aside.
Place the turkey, breast side up, in a large glass dish. With your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breast and thighs of the turkey without tearing it. Sprinkle the cavity of the turkey with 1 tablespoon of the salt mixture. Sprinkle the remaining salt mixture over the breast and thighs of the turkey. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two days.
With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 425 °F.
In a bowl, combine the butter and sage. Set aside.
In large roasting pan with a wire rack, place the turkey, breast side up. Spread the sage butter evenly under the skin. Pour the broth into the bottom of the pan.
Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325°F. Continue roasting for about 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh without touching the bone, reads 180 °F. Place the turkey on a serving platter and let rest for about 30 minutes without covering with foil.
In a bowl, combine the turkey cooking juices with the broth to make 4 cups. Add broth, if needed.
In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth, Marsala, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the turkey with the
You'll also love
- Shrimp Spicy Grilled 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Parmesan Sweet Potato Cakes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cajun Sausage 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pasta Frittata with Sausage and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Turkey with Polenta Stuffing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry and... 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Rye, Kale, Mushroom & Pumpkin Seed... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Fried Plantains 4.9/5 (10 Votes)