Pasta With Roasted Provencal Vegetable Sauce
- 1 eggplant - (16 to 18 oz) unpeeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large onion cut 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can seasoned crushed tomatoes with
- Italian herbs - (28 oz)
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange eggplant and onion on large rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Stir zucchini and garlic into vegetables; continue to roast until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer. Stir crushed tomatoes into vegetables on baking sheet; roast until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Ladle 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid into small bowl; reserve. Drain pasta. Return pasta to same pot. Add roasted vegetable sauce and all herbs to pasta and toss to blend. Gradually add enough reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten as desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 330; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.
You'll also love
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)