Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (roasted, salted, and shelled)
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices sourdough bread, cut on the diagonal
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt and olive oil, for garnish
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced sweet potatoes to the maple syrup mixture and season generously with salt and pepper; toss until well combined. Evenly spread the potatoes on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high to high heat. Brush the bread slices on both sides with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Grill the bread until grill marks begin to form and the bread is golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Toss the roasted sweet potatoes and pumpkin seeds. Spread a heaping tablespoon of goat cheese onto each slice of bread. Top with a pile of sweet potato mixture. Drizzle with good-quality olive oil (or a nut oil, such as hazelnut or pistachio) and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy with a napkin.
Per serving, based on 4 servings. (% daily value)
Calories 765 Fat 19.9 g (30.7%) Saturated 6.5 g (32.5%) Trans 0 g Carbs
122.4 g (40.8%) Fiber 9.6 g (38.4%) Sugars 21.1 g Protein 26.1 g (52.1%)
Cholesterol 13 mg (4.3%) Sodium 1108.8 mg (46.2%)