Pasta With Chicken, Pancetta And Vegetables
- 2 pancetta slices or bacon slices chopped
- 1 large onion halved, sliced
- 2 carrots peeled, and cut 2" by 1/4" sticks
- 1 large red bell pepper cut 2" by 1/4"
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced crosswise
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces spaghettini freshly cooked
Sauté pancetta in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels. Add onion to skillet; sauté 5 minutes.
Add carrots, bell pepper and garlic; sauté vegetables until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth and oregano; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Stir in parsley and pancetta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta with chicken mixture.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 254; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 19 mg.