Best Ever Pizza Dough & Pizza Sauce
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. instant dry yeast (or one packet)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups luke-warm water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (other oil will work as well)
- additional flour for rolling out the dough
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. jarred minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
Adapted from penniesandpancakes.blogspot.com
Combine the dry ingredients, starting with 3 1/2 cups of flour in a large bowl or standing mixer. Add the water and oil, and mix until the dough forms into a ball. Add additional flour as needed until the dough just starts to no longer stick to the sides of the bowl. Knead until it forms a firm ball.
Cover and let rise until doubled (45 min - 1 hour). Punch the dough down and divide into two equal portions. (I put one portion in a zip-lock bag and freeze it for later use.)
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to desired thickness (between 1/2 and 1/4 inch thick). Let rest 10 minutes. Top as desired and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over MED-HIGH heat. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to LOW, and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
You'll also love
- ICEBOX PIZZA DOUGH 4.3/5 (3 Votes)