Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- For the filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- For the streusel topping:
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Adapted from tastesbetterfromscratch.com
Prepare the filling by combining the cream cheese and powdered sugar and whip until smooth. Grease a large piece of tinfoil and scoop the mixture onto it. Grease your hands with non-stick cooking spray and gently form a log, making sure that the diameter is small enough to fit into the well of a muffin pan. Wrap the log up in the tinfoil and freeze for 1-2 hours.
For the muffins, combine the flour, spices,baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside. In a separate large bowl combine the eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin puree. Mix until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
To make the streusel topping, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease your muffin pan (or line with paper liners).
Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full with batter. Remove the cream cheese log from the freezer and slice into 12 equal slices. Place a slice on top of the batter in each muffin well and gently press down (don't press it all the way down to the bottom of the pan-- just a little bit into the batter). Spoon the remaining batter evenly on top of each of the cream cheese muffin tops. Sprinkle the streusel topping on top.
Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (898 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)