Best Potato Casserole
Photo by Juli-Ann S.
- 6 6 1/4” russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4” slices
- 1 1 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1 1 cup Monterey cheese, shredded
- 8 8 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 2 2 cups milk
- 2 2 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- to or dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Peel and slice potatoes in not too thin slices, shred the cheese and bacon.
Layer half of the potato slices in the buttered baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle potatoes with a layer of cheeses and bacon, then cover with other half of the potato slices.
In a bowl, mix together the milk and eggs and pour the mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle the parsley on top if you like. You can use any other herb as well.
Cover with foil and bake for about 90 minutes in preheat oven (375 degrees), or until the custard is cooked and set.
Let the dish rest 15 minutes before serving.