Hash Brown Frittata
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups shredded frozen hash browns (thawed and drained)
- 1 medium leek (whites and green parts only, root ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan (plus more for garnish)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- parsley (to garnish)
Preheat oven to broil
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the hash browns to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Allow the hash browns to cook without moving, so they can begin to brown. Flip when bottom is golden and continue cooking the second side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the olive oil and butter to the nonstick pan over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted, add the leeks and cook until they begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more, allowing the mushrooms to brown. Stir in the broccoli florets and cook for 2 more minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the eggs, milk and Parmesan in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and stir, allowing the egg mixture to slightly scramble. Once it is almost set, remove from heat and place hash brown on top. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden. Remove from oven and slice into wedges and serve immediately.