- 1 small head cabbage, trimmed, cored and quartered
- 2 large carrots
- 3 radishes
- 1/2 c. chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sweet pickle juice
- 3 Tblsp. sweet pickle relish
- 3 Tblsp. sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt, or more to taste
Rinse cabbage in cold water and let drain well in a colander. Using box grater, shred cabbage into large mixing bowl; you will have about 8 cups. Trim and peel carrots and shred into mixing bowl. Trim the radishes and shred into bowl also. Add onion and bell pepper and stir to continue.
Make a well in center of slaw mixture and add mayonnaise, pickle juice, pickle relish, sugar and seasoned salt. Stir with fork to mix the dressing and then, using a wooden spoon, stir the dressing and slaw mixture to combine. Taste for seasoning, adding more sugar or seasoned salt if needed.