- 6 T unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ozs. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- florets of 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 T flour
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Stir in prosciutto and saute 2 minutes more
Add cauliflower and cook until just beginning to lose crispness, 3-4 minutes
Stir in flour and then the cream. Blend well.
Season with the cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Heat to boiling and immediately remove from heat
Pour the cauliflower into a shallow au gratin dish. Top with cheese and parsley. Bake until top is lightly browned and bubbling about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.