Enjoy the holidays with this classic spiced cider. Perfect for a holiday party!
- 16 cups (1 gallon) apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- 2 cups bourbon, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a large pot over medium heat, add the apple cider. Stir in the brown sugar, allspice and nutmeg until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a low boil.
Stick the pointy ends of the cloves into the orange so that just the buds of the cloves are visible. The entire orange should be covered with the cloves.
Add the orange to the cider and reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
Serve in warm mugs with a cinnamon stick garnish. For adults, add bourbon to the cider.
You'll also love
- Easy Lasagna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Coffee-Marinated Flank Fajitas... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Espresso Martini 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Nanny's Fruitcake Cookies Recipe 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Red-Headed Slut 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Columbian Hot Chocolate with Cheese 3.8/5 (58 Votes)