Marinated Tempeh Stir-Fry With Broccoli And Red Bell Pepper
- 4 ounces soy tempeh or 3-grain tempeh cut 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces broccoli stems peeled, and cut 1/2" pieces, florets cut 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onion
Stir tempeh, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper in medium bowl to blend. Let marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside. Strain marinade from tempeh into small bowl; set tempeh aside. Whisk 2 tablespoons water, honey and cornstarch into marinade.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add marinated tempeh and bell pepper and sauté 4 minutes. Add broccoli and marinade mixture and sauté until broccoli is heated through and sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings as a side-dish.