Pasta with Pea Pesto & Potatoes
- 3 cups fresh peas (shucked, divided, substitute with frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated, plus more to garnish)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced, white part separated from green)
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add half the peas and cook for 4 minutes. Plunge immediately in ice water. Strain the peas
In a food processor, add half of the blanched peas, basil, garlic and pine nuts. Pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil. Add 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano and pulse just to combine. Season pea pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, scallions and remaining raw peas. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until scallions soften, about 2 minutes.
To the boiling water, drop the pasta and potatoes. Cook until pasta is al dente, according to package instructions. Drain.
To the pan with the peas, add the cooked pasta and potatoes, toss to combine and remove from heat. Add just enough pea pesto to coat the pasta, toss to coat.
Finish with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
You'll also love
- JeJu Island Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Gizzard With Mushroom Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EINKORN OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey Pumpkin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach and Tortellini and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Farmer's Market Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunny's Roasted Rosemary and Thyme... 0/5 (0 Votes)