Best Ever Bruschetta
- 1 baguette, cut in half length-wise and toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the kind in a jar)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups minced roma tomatoes (cut so fine its almost a paste)
- 1 ⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from food.com
In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper.
Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
Slice the bread into individual pieces and spoon the mixture on top.