Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved & seeded
- 1 pound uncooked chicken, cubed
- 1 package (8 oz.) mushrooms
- 1 bag (10-12 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the spaghetti squash halves, hollow side down, on the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Sautee the cubed chicken in some butter with the mushrooms until cooked throughout. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, add butter, cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
Scrape out the spaghetti squash strands with a fork into a serving bowl. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and steamed broccoli, and toss it all with the alfredo sauce. Serve and enjoy!