- Roasted Vegetable Broth (see recipe)
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz) drained
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow crookneck squash
- 1 cup frozen green peas unthawed
- 2 cups reserved cooked vegetables from
- Roasted Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring broth (about 8 cups) to boil in large pot. Add macaroni; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, green beans and squash; simmer 5 minutes.
Add peas and reserved cooked vegetables; simmer until macaroni and all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.