Edamame with Garlic and Chiles
- 1 package fully cooked edamame in the shell
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T. Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 t oyster sauce (sometimes I use fish sauce)
- 1 t Asian sesame oil
- 2 t olive oil
- 2 t fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 T. onions, finely minced
- Optional: leaves of Basil, torn into postage-stamp sized pieces
Stir the soy sauce, oyster sauce, Garlic Chili sauce, & sesame oil in a small bow and set aside.
In a bit of olive oil, saute' the garlic until it is just starting to brown, and then add the onions & ginger and saute' until soft and fragrant. Add the optional basil leaves here.
Add the edamame and stir to heat through, about 2 minutes.
Add the bowl of soy sauce mixture; stir 1 minute to coat evenly and heat through. Transfer to platter and serve.