Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup water (more if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (for dredging)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (or more to taste)
- canola oil (for frying)
- honey (to taste)
- celery sticks (to serve)
- blue cheese (to serve)
Fill a heavy-bottomed pot or tabletop fry with canola oil and preheat to 350ºF. In a large bowl, add the rice flour, water, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and black pepper.
Whisk together to form a smooth batter
Dip the cauliflower in the batter, making sure to coat each piece completely. Dredge in panko breadcrumbs. Deep fry until golden-brown about 4 minutes.
In a large bowl, add hot sauce and a drizzle of honey, stir to combine. Remove cauliflower from oil and place directly into bowl. Toss until completely coated.
Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese on the side