Chicken Broccoli And Red Pepper Casserole
By J. Gagliardi
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed bread
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425º F.
Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute red pepper and broccoli until tender crisp. 8-10 minutes.
Add onion and cook for another 5 minutes, or until softened.
Season everything with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
Combine chicken and veggies in a 9×13-inch baking dish and stir in mushroom soup.
In a bowl, drizzle melted butter over bread cubes and toss to coat thoroughly. Spread bread out over the chicken mixture, then top evenly with cheddar cheese.
Place baking dish in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes for serving.