Shrimp, Sausage, and Fish Jambalaya
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups medium-grain rice
- 3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Cook andouille sausage in the melted butter until completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel.
Cook and stir onion, celery, and green bell pepper in the butter remaining in the pot until the onion becomes translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir together for 1 minute.
Stir tomato paste through the vegetable mixture; cook and stir another 3 to 5 minutes.
Return andouille sausage to the pot along with diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper; stir to combine.
Pour chicken broth over the sausage mixture; bring to a boil.
Stir rice into the mixture, place a cover on the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook undisturbed until the rice is tender, 25 to 30 minutes
Add cod to the rice mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until the mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat again to medium-low and cook uncovered another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season with salt and fold parsley into the jambalaya to serve.
You'll also love
- Old Fashioned BAKED APPLES 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Chipotle Agave Chicken Wings 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Crunchy Beef Samosa 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Buttermilk-Corn Soup with Shrimp 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Peach Salsa with Grilled Shrimp 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Blackened Salmon 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Autumn Sausage Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)