Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT FROSTING :
- 1/4 tablespoons butter (to grease)
- 1/4 cup flour (to dust)
- 1 box white cake mix or (http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/vanilla-cake-carla-hall)
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups hazelnuts (toasted, chopped, to garnish)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
Grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter, line with parchment, grease parchment with butter and coat pans with flour. Shake out any excess flour.
Make white cake batter according to package instructions. Add chocolate hazelnut spread and stir to combine. Divide into cake pans and bake according to package instructions, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a wire baking rack. Allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove cakes from pans to cool completely.
For the Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting:In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a paddle attachment until fluffy.
Trim the two layers of cake using a serrated knife. Ice the top of the bottom layer of the cake. Place the top layer on top of the bottom layer. Ice the outside and top of the cake. Coat the sides of the cake with chopped hazelnuts.