Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Cream and Raspberries
- lemon cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
In a saucepan, whisk the eggs with the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir constantly over moderate heat until thickened but still pourable, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a blender and let cool for 5 minutes. Add the butter and salt and blend until pale, about 1 minute. Transfer the lemon cream to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set 2 foil muffin cups in a pie plate. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites with 2 tablespoons of the milk and the vanilla. Whisk in the remaining milk. In another bowl, whisk the cake flour with the baking powder.
In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and salt until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients in 2 batches, alternating with the milk mixture. Spoon into the muffin pan and foil cups and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and springy when lightly touched. Let cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Slice off the top of each cupcake and spread with the raspberry jam. Replace the tops. Spread the lemon cream on top, garnish with berries and serve.
You'll also love
- Lentil Soup with Curried Brown... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy Garlic Eggplant Fries 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CROCK POT STRAWBERRY VANILLA CREAM... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Fig Saltimbocca 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tequila Lime Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin With Burnt Brown... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wheatgrass Lemonade Recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)