- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flower
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until barely crisp-tender, about 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Add in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add in vegetable broth and milk, and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.