One skillet shrimp and orzo
- olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz. orzo
- 1 lb shrimp, raw
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 oz parm cheese (1/4 cup)
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 t lemon zest
preheat oven to 400 with rack 6 inches from top.
heat 2 T oil in large ovenproof pot over medium high heat add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes. stir in broth and orzo and bring to a boil, stirring often.
cover and bake in oven about 15 minutes. remove from oven, turn on broiler.
toss shrimp with oil, salt and pepper and put over orzo.
combine panko, parm, butter and lemon zest and sprinkle over all.
broil 4 minutes till shrimp are opaque.
You'll also love
- Arugula Mushroom Pizza 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Creole from Patty Norman 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Parmesan Crumb... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi (New) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basque Chicken with Red Potato... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- √Tortellini, Creamy Basil, Tomato 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Herbed Orzo Pilaf 4/5 (1 Votes)