Crock Pot Mississippi Mud Pudding Cake
- Cook’s note:
- 1 1/2 cup White Lily self-rising flour
- To make your own self-rising flour for this cake mix together, 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 2 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cup hot water mixed with 2 tsp instant espresso
- 1  oz marshmallow cream
In a large bowl, whisk together the White Lily self-rising flour, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder.
Mix-in the half & half, oil and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.
Spray the inside of a 6-quart oval slow cooker liberally with cooking spray. Spoon the batter evenly into the slow cooker.
Dissolve the espresso in the hot water. Whisk together the hot water, cocoa powder and brown sugar until dissolved. Gently pour over the batter. DON'T STIR
Place doubled paper towels over the slow cooker opening and place the lid on top. Cook on high for 2 hours. Uncover and remove the crock from the slow cooker. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
The cake will appear cooked on top while the pudding forms on the bottom of the slow cooker. To serve, scoop into serving dishes and spoon the pudding over the cake. Serve warm with a dollop of marshmallow cream and a sprinkle of toasted nuts. Yield: 10-12 servings