Herb And Lemon Goat Cheese Spread
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese - (abt 3/4 cup) room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 French-bread baguette slices toasted
Place goat cheese in small bowl. Mix thyme, lemon peel and garlic in another small bowl; season with ground black pepper. Mix half of thyme mixture into goat cheese. Add olive oil to remaining half of thyme mixture.
Form cheese into 2 1/2-inch round; flatten slightly. Place in center of plate. Spoon oil-thyme mixture over top of cheese. Surround cheese with baguette slices and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per serving: calories, 193; total fat, 9 g; saturated fat, 4 g; cholesterol, 14 mg.