ASIAN = Cashew Chicken
- 3 Tbsp. mirin
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 5 Tbsp. mirin
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. snow peas, stems snapped off and strings removed, halved crosswise
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 8 oz. can whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced thin
- 1 cup toasted cashews
Marinade=Whisk marinade ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate covered, for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Sauce=Whisk sauce ingredients in separate bowl and set aside.
Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown half the chicken, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate and tent with foil. Repeat with addtl. 2 tsp. vegetable oil and remaining chicken.
Add remaining oil to empty skillet and heat until shimmering. Cook snow peas about 1 minute. Add ginger, garlic and pepper flakes to pan and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in water chestnuts and reserved broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Return chicken and accumulated juices to skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in cashews.