Garlicky Shrimp Alfredo Bake
You can make the Garlicky Shrimp Alfredo Bake ahead of time and refrigerate. Put it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through, and then broil for 2-3 minutes and serve.
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped, about 1 cup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt. Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!).
Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Dysart's Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Scaloppini Marsala with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Jalapeño Cilantro Corn Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Scallops over Spinach, White Beans... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Mediterranean Baked Cod 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegetable Stir-fry with Roasted... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey-Glazed Carrots with Garlic 4.5/5 (6 Votes)