Zucchini-Olive Oil Cake
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely shredded unpeeled zucchini (1 large)
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Arbequina olive oil or other extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fresh figs and olive leaves (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans; set aside. Spread shredded zucchini on a plate. Blot dry with paper towels.
2.In a large mixing bowl whisk together sugar and oil. Add eggs, almond milk, and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add flour, baking powder, and 1 tsp. kosher salt; whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini. Pour into prepared pans (2 cups per pan). Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
3.To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving platter. Frost top lightly with some of the Cream Cheese Frosting. Repeat with cake layers and frosting. Frost tops and sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with fresh figs and olive leaves.
In bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, extra-virgin olive oil, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until spreading consistency. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
You'll also love
- EINKORN OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey Pumpkin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Max & Erma's Potato, Cheese and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Earthquake Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Margherita Chicken and Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli By... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jerusalem Artichokes, Zucchini &... 0/5 (0 Votes)