- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (about 25) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh mint, torn
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the stock, cover and bring to a boil. Then add the orzo and cook, stirring frequently, until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain the orzo in a colander and allow to cool completely.
In a large bowl, toss together the orzo, chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, olives, vinegar, oil, onion and salt and pepper to taste. Toss in the mint. Serve at room temperature.